From Our Principal
Dear Sanislo Families:
The month of September has certainly gone by quickly. I have so enjoyed getting to know your children! They are a fantastic bunch of individuals that I know will have a successful year!
I wanted to share with you the vision that I have for our school and how the staff is working collaboratively to fulfill our Sanislo Mission Statement: “Sanislo is a learning community dedicated to building respectful and responsible citizens and empowering ALL learners!” As an educational leader the staff and I have agreed to the following to allow us to reach ALL students:
· Every decision that we make will be student-centered and benefit the students that we serve.
· The use of multiple data points will inform our instructional practice so that we reach ALL students and ALL students show growth! Every student-every classroom- every day!
· Staff will engage in rigorous professional development to increase teacher effectiveness and ultimately student academic success.
· Staff will work collaboratively with our parents to increase ways to engage parents in the educational process.
Every Second Counts!!!- Attendance At School.
Our focus this year is to have every child in school, every day on time! Every second counts! Please make every effort to drop off your students before 9:30 so that they are ready to enter the building for learning on time!
Hopefully this schedule will help clear up any issues regarding attendance:
· Supervision of students begins at 9:05.
· Breakfast is served from 9:15-9:30.
· The bell rings at 9:30. If students are not in their classes by the time the Pledge of Allegiance begins, they will be considered tardy and will need to get a slip from Ms Asare in the attendance office.
If you need more information about Attendance, please refer to the Becca Law document that was sent home in the first day packet or click here
MAP Testing will begin for all students 1st-5th grade on Monday, Sept. 30, and will continue through Friday October 18, 2013.
You can check with your child’s teacher for particular times and dates.
We welcome the following staff members to our Sanislo Team:
· Ms. Rebecca Bland our 0.6 Special Education Teacher. She will be working on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday and will be working mostly with our primary age students
· Ms. Annette Youngkin will be assuming the fourth grade class beginning on September 30th.
I welcome the opportunity of meeting with you. You may schedule time to meet with me by calling my administrative secretary at 252-8380.
Bruce Rhodes, Principal
Parent involvement is critical to Sanislo students and staff.
To volunteer call Gail Crandell at 206-252-8380 or contact PTA volunteer coordinator at email@example.com